BIODATA Of Vinay Jha (summary ) A lifelong brahmachāri ( student ), software developer, astrologer, weather scientist, etc.
- Topped in science subjects in middle board (class-viii) of CBSE in 1973 in Delhi. Studied science.
- Then topped in English (Hons) in 1980-82 batch, LN Mithila University.
- Thereafter took refuse from mundane (selfish) works, became a recluse.
- Studied privately ( esp. Comparative Linguistics, Jyotisha, Philosophy, etc) from Late Dr Lakshamana Jha (Ph.D., School of Oriental and African Studies or SOAS, London ), former Vice Chancellor of LN Mithilā University and a Bāla-brahmachāri Sādhu.
Experience and Works :
- Secretary of Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya (recognized for Prathamaa to Achaarya), Barha, via Benipatti, District Madhubani, Bihar, India. सचिव, संस्कृत महाविद्यालय(प्रथमा से आचार्य तक मान्यताप्राप्त , जहां एक गुरुकुल / ब्रह्मचर्याश्रम भी है), बरहा, बेनीपट्टी, जिला मधुबनी, बिहार, भारत।
- Trustee of JB Brahmacharyaasshrama, Lagma, District Darbhanga, Bihar, India, which manages two recognized Sanskrit colleges, two recognized Sanskrit schools and one Brahmacharyaashrama for Vedic students with free food and lodging.
- Decision by KSD Sanskrit University, Bihar, India in April 2007 to rectify its almanac (Panchaanga) with the help of software developed by Vinay Jhā (after a decision by Patna High Court): http://jyotirvidya.wikifoundry.com/page/Credentials
- Decision of Department of Jyotisha , KSD Sanskrit University, Bihār, India in Sep 2008 to work on four projects related to natural disasters (forecasting Rains, Floods, Cyclones, Earthquakes) with the collaboration of and according to the computations of Vinay Jha.
- Decision of Department of Jyotisha , KSD Sanskrit University to include Vinay Jha among the three editors of its famous Vishvavidyalaya Panchangam, other two editors being present and former Heads of Dept of Jyotisha.
- Verification of rain forecasts by Climate branch of NASA headquarters in USA ( Goddard Space Flight Centre or GSFC in Maryland ): http://jyotirvidya.wikifoundry.com/page/NASA%27s_Report%3B_%26_my_Paper_accepted_by_CAOS%2C_IISc
- 'A New Approach To Rain Forecasting' : Research paper accepted by CAOS of IISc (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore) for presentation at international conference 'Celebrating the Monsoons' (24-28 July, 2007, IISc, Bangalore) http://weatherindia.wikifoundry.com/page/A+New+approach+to+Rain+Forecasting
- Chief Editor of Mithila Times (Weekly Magazine) since Dec,1984 (now not published regularly).
- Almanac-maker (पंचांगकार) of 8 governmental and other agencies, including almanacs published by:
- Ādityavāhini Panchāngam (Puri's Shankarāchārya's Govardhana Math),
- Sanskrit Academy Panchāngam (HRD Ministry, Govt of Bihar),Patna,India.
- Surya Panchāngam, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India (Murari Vajpeyi)
- Āditya Panchāngam, Varanasi, India (Dr Parasnath Ojha).
- Prayāgrāja Panchāngam, Allahabad, India (Dr Girija Shankar Shastri).
- Mithilā Panchāngam, Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, Barha, via Benipatti, Distt. Madhubani (Near Darbhanga), Bihar, India.
- Parmārtha Panchāngam, Mainpuri, UP, India.
- Pārānkusha Panchāngam, Gayā, Bihar, India.
- - 11. Two small editions of 2nd and 4th above, and one calendar type panchanga from Varanashi.
- Maker of scores of softwares related to Horoscope , Astronomy, Weather Forecasting, Forecasting Prices of Stocks and commodities like Gold, etc, but only the horoscope software KUNDALEE is being distributed (free of cost) :http://vedicastrology.wikidot.com/software-download.
- Edited or wrote hundreds of online articles, few on Jyotisha, mostly on Indology.
- Hundreds of articles &c published in magazines and on internet forums (not interested in writing on Jyotisha due to lack of good students).
- Elucidation of secret techniques of Suryasiddhāntic almanac, published in Jyotisha Vaijnāniki Patrikā by Dr Nāgendra Pāndey, Sampoornānand Sanskrit University (Benaras).
Papers and Lectures in Seminars :
- A New Approach To Rain Forecasting ( presented in the International conference Celebrating The Monsoons (July 24-28,2007) held by CAOS (Centre of Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences ) of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This article can be downloaded from the site weatherindia (see link given in the Home Page)
- Suryasiddhāntiya Parnchānga Ki Nirmāna Vidhi (Hindi : सूर्यसिद्धांतीय पंचांग कि निर्माण विधि, presented in summarised form in the national conference at Sampoornānand Sanskrit University in Vārānasi on Oct 18-19,2005 ( It was unanimously accepted by all leading astrologers of Hindi speaking states participating in this conference that all panchangas / almanacs ought to be made solely from Surya-siddhānta). This article can be downloaded.
- Contribution of Indian Astrology to the World (Hindi : भारतीय ज्योतिष का विश्व को योगदान): invited lecture at a conference held by Vikram University in Mar 2008 , Ujjain, MP, India. This article can be downloaded.
- Ancient Method of making National Horoscope (Hindi) : invited lecture at a conference held by Kalidasa Academy in Mar 2009, Ujjain, India.
- Forgotten Techniques of Vedanga Jyotisha (English): invited lecture at "International Conference On Veda Vidya. 2011 : Decoding Veda Vidya and Traditional Resources for Rediscovering Indian Scientific Heritage" organized under the auspices of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University, New Delhi) by Sri Vadiraja Research Foundation (Sri Puthige Math, Udupi, Karnataka, India) and FISH (Foundatio for Indian Scientific heritage, Suratkhal, Karnataka).
- Jan 18, 2012 : Invited for National Conference on Ancient Astronomy by Dept of Theoretical Physics, Madras University.
(Lots of conferences before Sep 2013 omitted because dates are forgotten)
- Oct 2, 2013: Solo Lecture on "Rashtra and Dharma" by me as Chief Speaker, presided by Siddhanath Singh who is North-East Kshetra Sangh Chaalak (i.e., in-charge of Bihar-Jharkhanda) of RSS (Rashtriya Svayamsevak Sangh). (Hindi)
- Nov 12, 2013 : National Conference on Uniformity in Panchaangas, at Sampoornanand Sanskrit University, Varanasi. (Hindi)
- My solo lecture on British RP English Pronunciation versus Indian English, Town Hall (Pararkar Bhawan), Varanasi.
- Dec 8, 2013 : Indological Panel Discussions on all possible topics of Indology at Deccan College, Pune organized by Dr Gururaj Mutalik (WHO, New York) and Anil Deshpande (Orlando, USA). (English)
- Dec 7, 2013 : Group Discussion on Indology at Hotel Park-Avenue, Pune,organized by Dr Gururaj Mutalik (World Health Organization, New York).
- Dec 22-23, 2013 : International Conference on Vedic Mathematics and Ancient Astronomy, at Maharani’s College, Sheshadri Road, Bangalore. My paper was : "Deduction of Exact Equations of Modern Astronomy from Ancient Siddhaantic Texts". (English)
- Jan 22-26 : Five day solo lectures by me at Central University of Tibetan Studies at Sarnath on "Ancient Indian Astronomy and its Relations with Tibetan Astronomy". (English)
- Feb 2014 : Conference on Vedic Dharma in Samne Ghat, Varanasi, chief guest was Dr H R Sharma (retd HOD of Dept of Veda, BHU). My topic was Ancient Dharma in Modern Perspectives (Hindi).
- Mar 7, 2014 : Fundamentals of English Pronunciation : Phonology, Accentuation, Intonation : workshop solely by me for teachers and trainees, in Balaji College of Education at Ballabgarh, Faridabad, Haryana.
- Mar 8, 2014 : "Aligning Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment", national seminar at Balaji College of Education at Ballabgarh, Faridabad, Haryana, other speakers were from IGNOU, NCERT, LBS, etc. (Hindi)
- Mar 22, 2014 : "Stress Management" through Yoga, Chief Guest and Speaker in 6-day programme organized by Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth (university) Dept of Education for training school teachers. (Hindi)
- Apr 16, 2014 : Total Quality Management in Higher Education at SHEPA, Varanasi (http://www.shepa.org.in/).
- Suryasiddhanta : Mathematical Analysis of Physical and Noumenal Worlds (Hindi : सूर्यसिद्धांत : दृक्पक्ष एवं सौरपक्ष कि गणितीय गवेषणा). This book was downloadable from website, but not now because enlarged revised edition is underway.